Nutrition is critical before, during, and after pregnancy. It is important because everything that the child needs for development is coming from or stored inside the mother.
Before conception, it is critical that the mother have high stores of fat nutrients which include a wide array of vitamins and minerals and even water and fat. Minerals such as potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium… are critical to tissue development without them tissue cannot form properly. Without proper levels of B vitamins namely B6 or folic acid the neural tube that becomes the brain and spinal cord will not form properly. Without Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) or omega 3, 6, and 9 the brain, spinal cord, and nerves as well as many other organs will not be able to form properly.
Once pregnant, it is imperative that the nutrients stay high in order to fully allow for not only development of the child but for function of the mothers body.
After birth it is also important to monitor the nutrient intake so that breast feeding will be full of fat and nutrients for the child. This is also a concern for the mother, if nutrient levels are not kept high, then depression and exhaustion may set in. It is important to remember that nutrients and calories and thus weight do not go together. In fact, proper nutrition and breast feeding will reduce excess weight faster than any other form or post pregnancy dieting.
For prenatal support, Dr. Jinna recommends:
Folic Acid - This is a B vitamin. This is important for many reasons, however the most important use for this nutrient is for its effects on the brain and spinal cord. In gestation is causes the neural tube to close which becomes the brain and the spinal cord. This normally happens before people know that they are even pregnant. Thus without having adequate levels of folic acid before pregnancy it can cause miscarriages as well as birth defects. Folic acid has also been shown to ward of damage to dendrites in the brain.
Liquid B Vitamin - Using a liquid form ensures that the majority of the vitamin consumed will actually get into the blood stream for use in building baby, keeping mothers liver functioning at high levels, keep energy higher, help the adrenal create normal hormone levels, and can help to reduce morning sickness.
CoQ 10/ Co Q Quinol - Co enzyme Q- 10 is critical for the production of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). ATP is the molecule that allows muscle to function. For every contraction and release of a muscle fiber it requires ATP. Thus any muscle group is going to require Co Q and remember that the heart is a big muscle. Co Q is also one of the most powerful antioxidants that we commonly use. Removing free radicals is critical to the health of a person one being formed or one that is an adult.
Premier HCl - HCl is critical for the cleaning and digestion of food. It also decreases and eliminates heart burn as well as helps improve mitochondrial function
HCl Activator - HCl Activator helps the HCl destroy biofilms that are created by parasites as well as destroy harmful bacteria and viruses. HCl Activator can also help to clean the liver thus allowing for total body detoxification.
Vitamin D3 - Vitamin D3 is critical for immune system function. I happen to disagree with Allopathic Medicine on the blood levels for this. I believe that instead of having a blood level of 32 being ok I would like to see that level at 65. Vitamin D3 is used to increase function in the lung, gut, brain, lymphatic system, all mucus membranes. Virtually every cell in your body needs and very often does not have enough of. Keeping the levels of D3 in your system high will help to keep you from getting sick and will help you get healthy faster. Also it is critical to the formation of bones and it aides in bringing calcium in from the gut.
Vitamin C - Vitamin C is another extremely helpful nutrient for immune function. Vitamin C will also aides in all mucus membranes over all regeneration and health. Without Vitamin C iron is not utilized or absorbed nearly as well into the body. Without iron a person will become anemic and this will decrease oxygen in the blood decrease good pH and destroy energy stores.
DHA - DHA is critical to the normal development of the brain. This will help not only in development but in maintenance so it will be good for mother and for baby.
Magnesium - Magnesium and calcium work in together: Magnesium relaxes muscles, while calcium stimulates muscles to contract. Thus, proper levels of magnesium during pregnancy can help keep the uterus from contracting prematurely. Magnesium helps build and repair your body's cells and tissues, builds strong bones and teeth, and helps regulate insulin and blood sugar levels. Magnesium may also be helpful in reducing leg cramps as pregnancy progresses.
Morning Shake - Mix this in with organic coconut milk, kale, spinach, and fresh fruits!
1. Greens - increases good pH, gives essential vitamins and minerals, decreases chances of grass allergies later in life.
2. Nutritional flakes - My first choice of prebiotic, there is no reason to continue to take expensive probiotics if you feed the good bacteria you already have. This will allow the good bacteria to make B vitamins as well as digest food properly. This will keep the gut healthy and functioning throughout the pregnancy and beyond.
3. Mediaminos - All proteins are digested into amino acids. It is often times easier to take an amino acid form than take a large amount of digestive enzymes and then eat protein.
4. Tocotriene - This will give a full amount of Vitamin E for skin and overall health needs.
5. Coral legend - Coral Legend is coral calcium from Okinawa Japan. It is balanced with magnesium. With the coupling of these 2 nutrients it is possible to build bones, aide in muscle development, build the gut, build the brain, and maintain the proper body pH.
6. EFA - Essential Fatty Acids, Omega 3,6,9 as well as GLA Gamma Linoleic Acid. All derived from organic vegetable sources such as flax, borage, sesame, and olive oils.
7. Aloe - one of the eight essential sugars. Fantastic for transportation of nutrients through the gut wall. As well as being very soothing to the stomach for things such as nausea and heartburn.